Health Tip: Is Anxiety Affecting Your Child?
Insomnia is a potential warning sign
(HealthDay News) -- Anxiety can affect a child's health and well-being, so it's important to recognize and address the potential warning signs.
The Anxiety and Depression Association of America mentions these possible symptoms of anxiety in children:
- Having nightmares or other problems sleeping.
- Showing changes in eating habits.
- Showing a strong desire to cling to a parent.
- Re-enacting a traumatic event during play.
- Avoiding anything associated with a traumatic event.
- Fearing that a traumatic event will repeat itself.
-- Diana Kohnle
Last Updated: Aug. 14, 2012
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.