(HealthDay News) --No matter what style of yoga you prefer to practice, it's a great exercise that offers a number of physical and mental health benefits.
The U.S. National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine lists these possible health benefits of yoga:
- Better mood, improved sleep and better overall well-being.
- Better stress management.
- Lowered heart rate and blood pressure, as well as improved lung capacity.
- More relaxed muscles and healthier body composition.
- Improved management of mental health issues such as depression and anxiety.
- Better flexibility, strength and general physical fitness.
- Positive effects on chemicals in the brain and blood.