July 29, 2008
Health Tip: Deep Breathing Techniques
To help you relax
(HealthDay News) -- Deep breathing techniques are a great way to fight stress and anxiety, and help you relax.
Here are basic steps to deep breathing, courtesy of the American Academy of Family Physicians:
- Lie on your back, on a flat surface.
- Place one hand on your stomach just above your belly button, and the other hand on your chest.
- Inhale slowly, making sure that your stomach rises a bit.
- Hold your breath for a second.
- Slowly exhale, letting your stomach sink back down.