September 18, 2008
Health Tip: Pregnancy and Back Pain
Help prevent it
(HealthDay News) -- Back pain is a common complaint for pregnant women, but there are things you can do to help relieve the strain on your back.
The American Pregnancy Association offers these suggestions:
- Try doing exercises recommended by your doctor that help strengthen and support your lower back and abdomen.
- Don't bend over to pick something up. Squat down and reach for it instead.
- Wear comfortable, supportive shoes. Avoid high heels.
- Don't sleep on your back, get as much rest as you can, and keep your feet elevated.
- Try wearing a support belt.