November 9, 2010
Health Tip: Signs That You Have a Torn Rotator Cuff
Here are some common symptoms
(HealthDay News) -- The rotator cuff is a group of tendons and muscles that surround the shoulder.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says the following symptoms could indicate a torn rotator cuff:
- Muscles around the shoulder that shrink or become thinner.
- Pain while you are raising or lowering your arm.
- A sensation of weakness when you raise or rotate the arm.
- A crackling sensation when you move the shoulder.
- Pain in the front of the shoulder that radiates down the arm.