(HealthDay News) -- It's important to maintain proper posture when sitting at the computer.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons offers these suggestions:
- Opt for a chair that is easy to adjust, feels stable, includes a backrest, and with wheels that touch the floor at a minimum of five points.
- Make sure your knees are at the level of your hips while your feet are planted on the floor.
- Use adjustable armrests to support your arms and place your elbows close to your waist.
- Make sure the seat is padded and offers at least an inch of room beyond your thighs and hips.
- The seat should slightly point toward the floor. There also should be some room between the back of your knees and the seat.