October 13, 2003
For Feet's Sake
A do-it-yourself foot massage
(HealthDayNews) -- Do you have tired and aching feet, but lack the time or money to seek some foot pampering?
If so, treat yourself with this do-it-yourself Swedish Foot Massage provided by the Child Welfare League of North America:
- With your left ankle up on your right knee, place your fingers on top of your left foot and your two thumbs on the bottom side of the foot.
- Keep your thumbs together and start in the center, just below the ball of your foot. Apply moderate pressure and hold for a few seconds.
- Work your way down the center of your foot toward the heel, using moderate pressure at half-inch intervals.
- Return to the center, and moving in the same direction, repeat the process using a circular motion with your thumbs.
- Repeat the process on the edges of your foot, using pressure first, then circular motions.