June 6, 2017
Health Tip: Coping With Sweaty Feet
Things you can do to stay dry
(HealthDay News) -- If your feet are sweaty much of the time, you may have a condition called hyperhidrosis. While it's not cause for worry, you can do things to cope with excess sweating.
The American Podiatric Medical Association suggests:
- Wash your feet daily, especially between the toes, with antibacterial soap.
- Dry feet well, then sprinkle cornstarch, foot powder or an antifungal powder to keep feet dry.
- Choose socks made of synthetic materials that wick sweat away from the feet. Avoid socks made of 100 percent cotton.
- Wear shoes made of breathable material.
- Keep an extra pair of socks with you and change them during the day.