January 31, 2013
Health Tip: How Your Feet Age
Spreading is typical
(HealthDay News) -- Your feet, as with most parts of your body, change as they get older. But what's considered normal?
The University of Michigan Health System says common changes to aging feet include:
- Spreading of the feet, which may require a bigger shoe size.
- Loss of the fatty padding on the bottoms of the feet.
- Thinning of the skin on the feet and loss of elasticity, resulting in more frequent injury and infection.
- Difficulty stretching the tendons and ligaments in the feet.
- Nails become thicker and more brittle.