November 26, 2014
Health Tip: Keep Your Feet Happy
Don't forget to moisturize
(HealthDay News) -- Your feet can really take a beating from all the walking and standing at holiday functions.
The American Podiatric Medical Association offers this advice:
- Moisturize daily to ease dry, cracked and tired feet.
- Stretch your feet regularly, and treat them to a massage at the end of the day.
- Indulge in a pedicure at home or at a salon, but cut toes straight across, remove dead skin with a pumice stone not a razor, and gently push cuticles (don't cut them).
- Take breaks and elevate your feet above your heart.
- For errands or lots of walking, wear comfortable, supportive shoes with padded soles.
- See a podiatrist if you have prolonged foot pain.