September 26, 2011
Health Tip: Managing With Chronic Pain
Here are some suggestions
(HealthDay News) -- Chronic pain can be physically and emotionally difficult to manage, but taking an active role in your care can help.
The Cleveland Clinic mentions these suggestions to help manage chronic pain:
- Learn as much as possible about your condition, and discuss what you've learned with your doctor.
- Schedule time for exercise, rest and relaxation throughout the day.
- Practice deep breathing and other stress management techniques.
- Don't push yourself too hard.
- Practice positive self-talk, reminding yourself that you are strong.
- Limit or avoid alcohol, and quit smoking.
- Participate in a support group for people living with chronic pain.