June 30, 2004
Health Tip: Too Many Rays
When you're overdone from the sun
(HealthDayNews) -- Sunscreen, a hat and sunglasses are your best protection against sunburn. However, if you do find yourself excessively "sun-kissed," the Massachusetts Institute of Technology offers these suggestions:
- Apply cool compresses to the area or take a cool bath.
- Take pain relievers such as ibuprofen, aspirin or acetaminophen.
- Drink plenty of non-alcoholic fluids.
- Apply aloe gel to soothe the area.
See your doctor if:
- You are feverish, drowsy, confused or vomiting.
- Blisters form on large areas of the skin.
- Blisters break and appear infected.