June 9, 2014
Health Tip: Have Shin Splints?
Here are possible causes
(HealthDay News) -- Shin splints refers to a number of causes of pain in the large bone in the lower front of the leg, called the tibia.
The University of Illinois McKinley Health Center mentions these possible causes of shin splints:
- Having an anatomical abnormality, such as unusual position of the knees or flat arches.
- Having weak or inflexible muscles.
- Having low bone density, or a hormonal imbalance.
- Exercising on a hard surface, such as concrete.
- Wearing shoes that are old, worn or of poor quality.
- Training too aggressively.