Breast Cancer Strikes 3 Male Officemates
They blame their workplace for their disease
Breast cancer is very rare in American men -- striking only about 1,400 a year. Yet three men who worked in the same office were all diagnosed with male breast cancer, according to this ABC News story.
The men worked in the Bernalillo County assessor's office in Albuquerque, N.M., and they say the basement office had a strange smell and was evacuated on more than one occasion. The office housed the building's heating and cooling systems, a sewer line, a computer main frame and the telephone system.
The men are suing the city, claiming they were exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide, fiberglass and mold, and that the building has a problem with electromagnetic fields.