May 14, 2015
Health Tip: Coping With Diarrhea From Chemo
Take it easy on your stomach
(HealthDay News) -- Chemotherapy treatment can lead to a host of digestive problems, including diarrhea.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics suggests:
- Eat smaller meals more frequently.
- To replace the salt you've lost, snack on small amounts of pretzels or crackers.
- Sip on a non-caffeinated beverage throughout the day.
- Drink juices that are lower in acid, such as pear, apricot or peach nectar.
- Drink fluids between meals, instead of with them.