August 19, 2010
Health Tip: Take Steps Against Colon Polyps
And reduce colon cancer risk
(HealthDay News) -- Polyps in the colon may be benign, cancerous or pre-cancerous. In any case, there are steps you can take to help prevent them.
The U.S. National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse offers these suggestions:
- Cut back on fatty foods.
- Up your intake of fruits and vegetables.
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Get exercise on most days of the week.
- Maintain a healthy body weight.
- Eat foods that are rich in calcium.