February 10, 2011
Health Tip: Prepare for a Mammogram
Here's what to do
(HealthDay News) -- Before you leave your home for a mammogram, the womenshealth.gov Web site suggests how you should prepare for the procedure:
- Don't schedule your appointment just before or after your menstrual period, when your breasts are more likely to be sore.
- Let the staff know if you have breast implants.
- Wear a separate shirt and pants or skirt rather than a one-piece outfit, so you only have to take off the top.
- When getting dressed of the day of the procedure, skip any lotions, perfumes, deodorant, etc.
- If you're having the procedure done at a new facility, arrange for films from previous procedures to be sent to the new location.