October 30, 2017
Health Tip: Avoid UV Radiation
Too much could lead to skin cancer
(HealthDay News) -- Ultraviolet (UV) radiation coming from the sun is a major cause of skin cancer.
The American Cancer Society suggests how to minimize the effects of UV rays:
- UV rays are strongest between the hours of 10 am and 4 pm. If you must be outside during this time, stay in the shade as much as possible.
- Always wear sunscreen when you're outside.
- Cover most parts of your skin with clothing.
- Wear a hat to protect your head, neck and face.
- Wear sunglasses that are designed to block UV rays.