(HealthDayNews) -- Stroke kills 150,000 people annually, making it the third leading cause of death in the United States, according to the Texas Medical Center.
If you recognize the warning signs, you can catch a stroke in its early stages:
- Sudden numbness or weakness of the arm, face or leg on one side of the body.
- Sudden loss of sight, especially in one eye.
- Near or complete loss of speaking or understanding conversation.
- Severe headaches without cause.
- Unexplained dizziness, unsteadiness or falls.
If you experience any of these symptoms, get medical help immediately.