January 21, 2019
Health Tip: Control Your Blood Pressure
(HealthDay News) -- Uncontrolled high blood pressure is dangerous and could even lead to death, the American Heart Association says.
The AHA offers these suggestions for controlling high blood pressure:
- Know your numbers and identity your target blood pressure range.
- Work with your doctor to develop a plan to lower your pressure.
- Make lifestyle changes -- such as maintaining a healthy weight, eating a healthy diet, consuming less salt, getting regular exercise and limiting alcohol.
- Keep track of your blood pressure at home.
- Take any blood pressure medication your doctor prescribes.