October 6, 2014
Health Tip: Troubled by High Triglycerides?
Risk factors include extra weight
(HealthDay News) -- Triglycerides are fats that build up in the blood, and high levels mean an increased risk of cardiovascular problems.
The U.S. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute says risk factors for high triglycerides include:
- Being overweight or obese.
- Getting insufficient exercise.
- Being a smoker.
- Drinking too much alcohol.
- Eating a high-carb diet.
- Taking certain medications.
- Having certain diseases or inherited disorders.