December 26, 2010
Health Tip: Are Varicose Veins Dangerous?
Sometimes there can be complications
(HealthDay News) -- Varicose veins are enlarged, swollen veins in the legs that can be painful, although they're usually not serious.
The womenshealth.gov Web site says you should see a doctor about varicose veins if:
- A vein becomes swollen, red, tender or feels warm.
- Sores or a rash develop nearby.
- Skin on the ankle or calf thickens and changes color.
- The vein starts to bleed.
- Symptoms hinder daily activities or cause emotional distress.