Health Tip: Alleviate Caregiver Stress
Suggestions to ease the burden
(HealthDay News) -- When you're a caregiver, you have a lot of responsibilities in managing someone else's health and personal matters. But it's very important not to neglect your own well being.
The American Academy of Family Physicians offers these suggestions to help prevent caregiver stress:
- Accept that you can't do everything.
- Stay organized in your personal life. Set schedules to take care of your personal priorities and responsibilities.
- Don't neglect your health. Get regular medical checkups.
- Make sure you get enough sleep and regular exercise.
- Eat healthy, and don't load up on junk food.
- Give yourself a break. Call on friends and family members who are willing to help when needed.