September 23, 2005
Health Tip: Heading Home From the Hospital
Make sure you're prepared
(HealthDay News) -- Going home after a hospital stay can be unnerving. It's a good idea to coordinate as much as possible before your return.
Here are some pointers from the Naval Hospital in Camp Pendleton, Calif.:
- Make sure you have written instructions regarding your discharge and at-home medical routine.
- Take all prescribed medications at the assigned time.
- Ensure your home environment is conducive to your recovery.
- Avoid using steps unless otherwise instructed.
- If you're staying in bed, choose a bedroom that's close to a bathroom.
- Keep a phone and phone numbers handy for emergencies and medical questions.