(HealthDay News) -- If you send your child to day care, it's important to find a program and people that you trust.
The Nemours Foundation recommends asking these questions of prospective day care centers:
- Can parents visit at any time during the day?
- What are the center's policies about caring for sick children?
- How are children supervised when they're on the playground? Is equipment regularly inspected?
- What are the alternatives if the program closes?
- How are children grouped for activities, etc.? By age or other criteria?
- How are special-needs children cared for?
- What is the educational background of your staff, and how are staff screened before they are hired?