Health Tip: Signs of Problems at Daycare
Make sure your child is safe
(HealthDay News) -- Daycare centers can be a great source of comfort for working parents. But sometimes there are warning signs that your child should be cared for elsewhere.
Here's a list of daycare red flags to watch for, courtesy of the American Academy of Family Physicians:
- You cannot get the staff to answer your questions or address your concerns.
- The staff does not allow parents to participate in daily practices at the center.
- You hear about problems at daycare from your child, or your child doesn't seem happy there.
- Accidents happen frequently and without explanation.
- There is frequent staff turnover.
- Other parents tell you about problems they have encountered.