(HealthDay News) -- Children need plenty of sleep each day to function well and keep up their energy. To be sure your child gets enough sleep, pay attention to behaviors and warning signs that a nap or an earlier bedtime is needed.
The Nemours Foundation offers this list of clues that your child may need more sleep:
- Appearing sleepy throughout the day.
- Acting grumpy or irritable late in the afternoon.
- Difficulty getting out of bed in the morning.
- Signs of aggression, impatience, hyperactivity or difficulty paying attention.
- Difficulty concentrating and completing homework.