January 19, 2004
Finding a Physical Therapist
Issues to consider
(HealthDayNews) -- If an injury or aching muscle has left you in need of a physical therapist, the American Physical Therapy Association suggests you ask potential practitioners the following questions before signing up for treatment:
- Are you a licensed physical therapist in my state?
- How much experience do you have treating people with my condition?
- Do you have the equipment to treat my condition?
- Will you accept Medicare, and what are your payment policies?
- How will my treatment program be determined?
- How long will my treatment sessions last?
- How long might I need treatment?