June 17, 2015
Health Tip: Recognizing Signs of Anemia
You may feel weak and tired
(HealthDay News) -- Anemia occurs when there are insufficient red blood cells, or they don't function properly.
The American Society of Hematology says warning signs include:
- Feeling weak or dizzy.
- Having colder hands and feet.
- Having pale skin or a yellow tint.
- Feeling short of breath.
- Having an irregular or fast heartbeat.
- Hearing a whooshing sound or pounding in the ears.
- Having frequent chest pain or headache.