November 10, 2014
Health Tip: Are You Able to Donate Blood?
Typical eligibility requirements
(HealthDay News) -- Donating blood can save a life, but donors do have to meet certain criteria before they can give blood.
The American Red Cross mentions these typical eligibility requirements:
- Be feeling well and not sick.
- Be in good overall health.
- In most states, donors must be at least 17 years old. In some states, 16-year-olds may donate with parental consent.
- Typically, donors must weigh at least 110 pounds.
- Double red cell donors may need to meet additional height and weight requirements.