March 12, 2012
Health Tip: Manage Memory Loss
Tips to help you remember
(HealthDay News) -- Dealing with the early stages of Alzheimer's disease can be frustrating as you struggle to maintain your memory.
The Alzheimer's Association offers these suggestions for coping with memory loss:
- Create a schedule of daily tasks (meals, bedtime, etc.). Ask someone to call to remind you about activities such as taking medications or doctor's appointments.
- Fill out a book with important information, including contacts, appointments and your address.
- Near the phone post a list, written in large print, of important phone numbers.
- Ask a loved one to help organize your medications.
- Keep a calendar and mark off each day as it passes.
- Make sure your closets and drawers are well-organized, so you can find the things you need.
- Post reminders around your home to lock doors and turn off appliances.