October 9, 2011
Health Tip: Help Yourself to Remember
Try these memory-boosting suggestions
(HealthDay News) -- Normal changes to the brain can cause a slight amount of memory loss as you get older.
The Harvard Medical School suggests these tips that may help boost your memory:
- Stay organized with calendars, lists and address books.
- Absorb new information in small, digestible pieces that are easier to remember.
- Focus on all of your senses when you learn something new.
- Use your brain by writing down new information, drawing a picture of it or saying something out loud.
- Repeat new information, and gradually space out study times.
- Take a class run by a medical professional on improving your memory.