December 31, 2010
Health Tip: Healthy Habits Can Help Parkinson's Symptoms
Here are some suggestions
(HealthDay News) -- Though there is no cure for Parkinson's disease, making certain lifestyle changes can help you manage symptoms.
The University of Maryland Medical Center offers these suggestions:
- Eat a healthy diet.
- Exercise regularly, but don't try to do more than you have the energy for.
- Allow your body time to rest, and do your best to minimize stress.
- Consider physical therapy, speech therapy and occupational therapy.
- Think about special accommodations, such as utensils to make eating easier or the addition of handrails at home.
- Consult with a social worker or counselor to find out if they may be of help.