Health Tip: Considering Breast Reduction Surgery?
Here are possible complications
(HealthDay News) -- Breast reduction surgery can alleviate painful symptoms in women who have unusually large breasts. These symptoms may include back or neck pain, and painful indentations in the shoulders caused by pressure on bra straps.
If you're considering breast reduction surgery, here are possible complications to keep in mind, courtesy of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons:
- Reduced feeling in the nipples.
- Small sores around the nipples.
- Permanent scarring.
- Breasts of slightly uneven size.
- Nipples that are slightly unevenly placed.
- Inability to breast feed.
- As with any surgery, infection, bleeding and reaction to anesthesia are possible.