January 13, 2004
Cosmetic Surgery: To Do or Not to Do
Pointers to help you make your decision
(HealthDayNews) -- If you're considering having a nose job, brow lift, liposuction, or some other cosmetic surgery procedure, the Mayo Clinic offers these tips to help you decide:
- In addition to the benefits of cosmetic surgery, make sure you understand its limitations. Don't expect perfection.
- Have realistic expectations. A tummy tuck can reshape your body, but not your life.
- Know the risks.
- Don't do it on the cheap. Pay what it takes for safe surgery.
- Make sure your surgeon is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
- Do your homework. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.