July 20, 2009
Health Tip: Dealing With Dry Hair?
Some possible causes
(HealthDay News) -- Dry hair may be crunchy, brittle and lack that healthy softness and shine of hair with enough moisture.
Here are potential causes of dry hair, courtesy of the U.S. National Library of Medicine:
- Having anorexia nervosa.
- Washing the hair too frequently.
- Using harsh, drying hair products, or those that contain alcohol.
- Blow-drying the hair too frequently.
- Living in an area with dry air.
- Having a condition called Menkes kinky hair syndrome.
- Being malnourished.
- Having underactive parathyroid or thyroid glands.