November 6, 2016
Health Tip: Avoid Damaging Teeth
Unhealthy habits to break
(HealthDay News) -- Brushing and flossing are frequently touted as ways to keep your teeth healthy, but there also are habits that you should avoid to keep your pearly whites in tip-top shape.
The American Dental Association recommends:
- Don't bite nails, which can harm your jaw and chip your teeth.
- Don't brush your teeth too vigorously, which can damage teeth and gums. Brush gently with a soft-bristled brush.
- Avoid clenching and grinding your teeth, which can lead to jaw pain and cracks in the teeth.
- Don't crunch or chew ice, which can break a tooth.
- Avoid snacking all day, especially on sugary foods.