January 10, 2011
Health Tip: Brush Baby's Gums
And brush teeth as soon as they appear
HealthDay News) -- It's never too early to start caring for baby's teeth and gums.
The American Dental Association offers these suggestions:
- Even before teeth emerge, wipe down baby's gums using clean gauze or a small, cool spoon.
- Using water and a toothbrush made for babies, start brushing teeth as soon as they poke through.
- Starting when your child reaches age 2 years, use a pea-sized squirt of toothpaste with fluoride.
- Always clean baby's pacifier before offering it.
- Don't let baby take a bottle to bed.