July 16, 2012
Health Tip: Don't Neglect Oral Hygiene During Pregnancy
Brush and floss regularly
(HealthDay News) -- Regular dental visits during pregnancy are a good idea for most women, the American Dental Association says.
The ADA's mouthhealthy.org website offers these oral hygiene tips for moms-to-be:
- Brush your teeth twice daily using a fluoride toothpaste.
- Carefully floss between teeth at least once daily.
- Limit snacks and eat a healthy, balanced diet.
- Consider using an antimicrobial mouth rinse if your dentist recommends one.
- If you have morning sickness, rinse your mouth with a teaspoon of baking soda and water.