August 4, 2011
Health Tip: Eating Disorders May Affect Oral Health
How teeth and gums may be affected
(HealthDay News) -- Eating disorders, including anorexia and bulimia, may affect the health of your teeth and gums.
The American Dental Association says potential complications of eating disorders include:
- Gums that bleed easily.
- Swollen glands in the mouth.
- Chronic dryness of the mouth.
- Destruction of tooth enamel.
- Discomfort while eating hot or cold foods.
- Teeth that chip or break easily.