August 30, 2017
Health Tip: Prepare for Your Child's Dental Procedure
Here are suggested questions
(HealthDay News) -- The American Dental Association suggests you ask these questions of your dentist before your child's office procedure.
- Who will provide the preoperative evaluation of my child, including taking a full medical history?
- How long before the office visit should my child avoid food or drink?
- Will my child take sedating medication at home before the procedure? If so, how should I monitor the child?
- What experience does the sedation provider have? Does this experience meet guidelines from the American Dental Association?
- Does staff assisting in the procedure have current training in emergency resuscitation?