(HealthDay News) -- Even baby's gums and teeth can decay, potentially leading to future problems with permanent teeth.
The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests how to prevent tooth decay in children:
- Brush baby's teeth and gums regularly.
- Never allow baby to take food or a bottle to bed.
- Restrict a bottle or sippy cup to mealtimes only.
- Make sure your water is fluoridated, or talk to your dentist about fluoride supplements.
- Avoid sticky, sweet treats such as candy, cookies or fruit roll-ups.