February 13, 2012
Health Tip: Treating Jaw Pain
Here are possible remedies
(HealthDay News) -- A TMJ (temporomandibular joint) disorder can cause serious jaw pain that can affect your ability to chew and eat food.
The American Dental Association mentions these potential remedies for managing jaw pain:
- Practicing exercises to help reduce jaw stress.
- Wearing a mouth guard to prevent grinding of the teeth.
- Receiving orthodontic treatments.
- Taking medication to manage symptoms of arthritis, dislocation, a sinus problem, or a TMJ disorder.
- Having surgery to treat a TMJ or related disorder.