Health Tip: Should I Check My Blood Sugar?
The American Diabetes Association offers these suggestions
(HealthDay News) -- While anyone with diabetes is encouraged to check their blood sugar (glucose), frequent checks are more of a necessity for some people.
The American Diabetes Association says the following people should check their blood glucose levels frequently:
- Anyone who uses insulin or medication to treat diabetes.
- People who are undergoing intensive insulin therapy.
- Pregnant women with diabetes.
- Anyone with difficulty regulating blood glucose.
- People who have very low blood glucose or diabetes-related ketones.
- Anyone whose blood glucose tends to drop without warning.