(HealthDay News) -- It can take a "village" to help care for you and your baby during pregnancy, especially if you are diabetic.
The American Diabetes Association mentions these health-care professionals who may be part of your care team during pregnancy:
- A physician with experience in caring for diabetic women during pregnancy.
- An obstetrician who specializes in high-risk pregnancies and has experience caring for diabetic women.
- A neonatologist or pediatrician who specializes in treating babies born to diabetic mothers.
- A registered dietitian who can help you manage and adjust nutrition during pregnancy.
- A diabetes educator who can answer questions and help control your diabetes.