(HealthDay News) -- As if living with diabetes or heart disease weren't enough, some people face life with both conditions.
To help people deal with this double whammy, the U.S. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute suggests:
- Speak openly with your health care team about all of your emotions.
- Stressed out? Work with a therapist to help you cope.
- Join a support group for people living with diabetic heart disease.
- Share your feelings with friends and family members.
- When you need it, request help from loved ones.