(HealthDay News) -- Sadness is a normal emotion that often accompanies loss, says Gundersen Health System. Big life events, such as the end of a close relationship or the death of a loved one, can spur feelings of sadness.
Gundersen Health System offers healthy ways to deal with sadness:
- Allow yourself to be sad. Cry if you feel like you need to.
- Listen to music or spend time with family and friends.
- Think about the context of the sad feelings.
- Remember that emotions are changing and will come and go.
- Know when sadness turns into depression. Get help if this happens.