Health Tip: Bruises May Signal Health Problems
When they are cause for concern
(HealthDay News) - While bruises are a common result of minor injury, frequent or easy bruising may signal a more serious health problem.
Here are warning signs, from the University of Cincinnati's Net Wellness program, that you may need to discuss your tendency to bruise with your doctor:
- If you bruise often without a significant injury, or you can't remember how you got bruised.
- If frequent bruises include raised lumps.
- If you get frequent, excessive nosebleeds.
- If you have abnormally heavy menstrual periods.
- If you had excessive bleeding after surgery or childbirth.
- If you have a family history of bleeding disorders.