August 25, 2015
Health Tip: Home Remedies to Ease Dandruff
(HealthDay News) -- Dandruff is an embarrassing problem, but there are home remedies available to help ease flakiness and itching.
The Mayo Clinic advises:
- Keep stress under control, as stress can worsen flaking.
- Shampoo every day, especially if your scalp is oily.
- Limit use of styling products, such as hair spray, gel and wax. These can build up and make the scalp oilier.
- Eat a nutrient-rich diet that includes plenty of zinc and B vitamins.
- Allow your scalp a bit of safe exposure to sunlight, but take care not to burn.