May 25, 2015
Health Tip: Reducing Your Risk of Motion Sickness
Don't read in the car
(HealthDay News) -- The dizzy, nauseous and uncomfortable sensations of motion sickness can make travel unbearable.
The Cleveland Clinic recommends:
- Don't read in a moving vehicle.
- Before traveling, make sure you are well-rested.
- Drink plenty of water, and avoid alcohol and smoking. Also, avoid greasy foods.
- If possible, stand up and look out at the horizon.
- Nibble on dry crackers.
- Lean your head against a vehicle's headrest to help minimize head movement.